Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing #20

video




I have an experience with YouTube and understand the concept. I also see why it's blocked at school!
I found Teacher Tube, did some exploring and found the Stanford Prison Experiment. We talk about Philip Zimbardo's famous experiment in both psychology and sociology. The kids could look at it home and we could discuss it in class.There was also a video about Jonestown that looked great. Although, not in the text, there are always some kids that ask about the koolaide.

3 comments:

VWB said...

Glad you found some things on TeacherTube that will be useful. When you do see good stuff (and you will) on youTube don't forget that ZamZar is an easy conversion site!
I bet there will be stuff for election time! (that might not be avalable in Teachertube)

bookeatersclub said...

YouTube has certainly found its place even in our world of education. I'm sure we will continue to find ways around. I know that students do!

Grendel said...

Julie, you are moving right along and doing great at finding ways for your class to use these tools! Hope to see you before I have "done my time!"