Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing #21

wow! What a challenge. I really would have to use many, many times to really understand it. But, as all the previous 20 things, it's been an eye-opener to what is out there and to all the things I can't do. The constant registering, uploading, downloading, etc. is quite the challenge. I can see where the audio podcast (which is the one I created) could be used in the classrom in various ways - a hook to get them involved or in a closing activity.

It's been 30 minutes and i'm still waiting for the upload to occur. This one was very hard to navigate and I felt like the directions could have been more user friendly, especially for the novice. I worked on this with my mentors and it still took way too much time.

I wish you could have heard my audiocasts. I was recorded without my realizing the microphone was 'on.' I have 8 minutes of my buddy and I trying to figure it out, our phones ringing, our conversations (not meant for recording!), our eating, our laughing - our entire process. It was fun!

It's now been close to 90 minutes and still no go with the uploading. The librarian at summer school and the tech here both worked to help me and the final group decision was to just move on. And, so on their advice, I'm movin' on.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

If you read through some of the other blogs in Library2Play, there seems to be some difficulty with this one. I made mine a student project and "we" got it done. When you want to try this again during the school year, let's plan together...

Laura (Not the summer librarian)

Blue Eyes blogging said...

21 has been a lot for me to absorb, too. I think I have made a montain out of a mole hill.